Friday, April 16, 2010

What's up Doc?



Wow, that title was awful. Really? That's ALL I could come up with? Sometimes the title is the hardest part of this process. How can you be funny, eye catching and explain what the post is about in one sentence or less?

This was a lesson in how to do NONE of those things...

I know what you are thinking, "Hey, you got a picture with that Rock guy from wrestling and terrible movies like The rundown!" Well you are wrong. That would have been WAY MORE AWESOME than this photo.

Instead, this is me featured with Doc Coyle, guitarist of the famed metalcore (you have to have sub-genres for everything these days) band, God Forbid. (http://godforbidmusic.ning.com/) The boys were on tour with Kittie and hit the town I live in. FINALLY, a show near me where I didn't have to drive an hour+ to get to! THANK YOU.

The problem was the club, Rocko's, is in the bad part of downtown. Where you feel the need to go and check on your car 15 times during the course of the evening and you can get crack by the pound. Oh, and it had a tiny parking lot that held like seven cars. Other than that, the place was nice. Better than driving an hour to Boston, so I can't complain. But I will, because that's sort of what I do... no one wants to read NICE stuff on the internet.

The show was good, the band played well, and they were all nice enough to take photos with me again, for like the third time in a year. Except for the vocalist Byron. He's fucking scary.

Thanks again to Doc and the boys in the band for being tired and drunk enough to take photos with me.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like Doc is holding an Eggplant of Metal. Rather than a grapefruit. ~ LTotM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo - Byron is NOT scary! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Byron is mean and scary!! I was ahscared of him!

    ReplyDelete