Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chief of the Orange Clan...




...or as I call him, Bill.

Yes, he's not making the obligatory hand gesture that is the basis for this blog, but he gets a pass for having to stick with playing that giant, electric violin, or whatever they call it.

What you are witnessing here in this epic photo is your esteemed, acidic blogger joining Bill's band, FADED HALO, on vocals for a couple of tunes. It looked like people there were having WAY too much fun, and we felt like ruining it by having me get up there.

If I recall correctly, I screeched my way through three songs, and all the bouncers in the club couldn't get me off the stage, no matter how hard they tried. Let the people boo, what do they know??

I know I helped butcher "You Shook Me" from Anti-Christ/Devil Child, and "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" from the Dropkick Murphy's. But the other one is escaping me... Maybe "Ring of Fire"? I think that one is about eating Mexican food.

Anyway, I'm glad they humor me and let me get up there and have a bit o' fun with them. It's the best way to keep those blackmail photos well hidden away...

Two things before this mercifully ends. One, I made sure not to edit out that date stamp on the photo. Nothing says "Professional" like a big yellow date over a picture!

And two, BUTTON YOUR SHIRT, BILL.

4 comments:

  1. We did "Ball and Chain" that night, I think. We were supposed to do "Ring of Fire" the next gig, but we got cut short by the buzzkill police...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes!!! Ball and Chain from Social Distortion!! I seem to recall that I wasn't actually INVITED to sing that, but rather just found my way up there for it...

    You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your presence was not unwelcome, Lord Citrus Death. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I comment...cuz I can! =) Blog on, brutha!

    ReplyDelete