Monday, April 19, 2010

Bringing the Grapefruits of Metal to Scotland.



Maybe I should have called this post the "Sheep's stomach full of haggis of metal!!"

Yeah, that really would have reeled in the readership.

I actually did eat haggis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis) whilst in Scotland. I was attending a wedding and they served chicken breast stuffed with haggis. Everyone was so proud of themselves for eating it and either liking it or not hating it, but I have a feeling we ate the most inoffensive, processed and tame haggis on the planet.

When I think of haggis I think of some grizzled old Scottish woman in the Highlands stuffing all the gross bits of the sheep she killed herself into the stomach and boiling it in a big iron pot over an open flame.

Somehow I doubt that was the origin of the very mild dish we all ate at a very fancy wedding. But hey, I did come away with some bragging rights. "Hey, I ate something gross! Jealous??". I WIN!

Now on to the adorable photo. (I'll wait a moment while you all go, "awwwwwwww"). Ok we're back. This is Master Ross Ian Baillie (pronounced "Baily"), who's Aunt was getting married while we were there. He was the ring bearer for the occasion and as you can imagine, the absolute center of attention.

I just can't believe they made the kid wear a skirt.

What? OHHHHHHH, it's a kilt! That's TOTALLY different than a skirt!! You know...because it's uh.... just different. I guess. My bad.

Quick fun fact (because I'm all about learning), kilts originated in the 16th century. William Wallace lived in the 13th century. They wore kilts in the movie Braveheart. Oops. Nice job on the historical research guys!

Another fact, the Scots think that Braveheart is the GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME. Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment