Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's hard to be brutal in powder blue...



...but your fearless and overly tanned blogger always succeeds!!

This is part two of Bermuda Week, and the picture featured today sees me visiting some old fort in Hamilton, Bermuda. "Hamilton" doesn't sound very tropical or "island" like to me. I don't go to a Caribbean island and expect to visit the town of Phil. I want the cities to have crazy names like in Aruba! The capital is Oranjestad. THAT is a wacky, fun name! (It makes you want to pronounce it in a Jamaican accent, even though they don't talk like that at all. But you know when you've been listening to some Bob Marley with your friends you talk like that for days afterward. Just admit it.)

"We are now descending into the airspace above Barbados and we'll be landing in the capital city of Jeff, momentarily." It just sounds wrong.

I'm also concerned that the fort has been turned into some kind of park/botanical garden as well. How am I supposed to run around and play guns or war with my friends if I have to be concerned with stepping on a fern or a palmetto??

Not that I need that big place to play Fort. Just gimme some couch cushions and a few old blankets and I'm ready to go!

So anyway, that picture is pretty awesome, huh? It was pretty tough standing up on that cannon and keeping my balance. I was just like one of those amazing circus, balancing....guys...

2 comments:

  1. That's not a cannon. It's a gigantic lipstick turned sideways. You big GIRL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a bottle of nail polish turned on it's side?

    ReplyDelete